time for 4.7.7

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Feb 2 11:07:25 PST 2018

> On Feb 2, 2018, at 10:39 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Good to have you back Dirk. As you can see on GitHub, I (and I think most of
>> guys that can commit to master) sometimes struggle a little with the
>> question "Should I commit this or just wait for Dirk?" And than Willem
>> starts asking "do I need to do something to my PR to get it merged" :-) when
>> a simple PR is sitting idle for a couple of days.
>>

> i usually approve a PR, but wait for approver to double check. if it's
> something very simple i will merge right away, though.
> the PR from Willem was just waiting for another review (label: needs-ack).

I think this is what we had agreed upon a while back.

If it’s trivial and in an area you are comfortable with, just merge it.
If it seems right, but you aren’t sure, approve it and add “needs-ack” or
possibly even assign it to someone who you think knows the area well
(and no, please don’t just assign them all to me…). And once two people
approve just merge it.

One thing I did notice is that we are not enforcing the “has CHANGELOG"
goal…