Device mount point is disabled (and fixed to wrong device)

Rob Mason robmason38 at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 3 14:02:24 PST 2018

Hi Jef

Yes, I think I may be having issues with irda and Mint rather than
Subsurface.  Here's what I can see from dmesg:

usb 2-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-pci
usb 2-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=066f, idProduct=4200
usb 2-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 2-1.2: Product:  IrDA/USB Bridge
usb 2-1.2: Manufacturer:  Sigmatel Inc
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
usbserial: USB Serial support registered for generic
usbcore: registered new interface driver option
usbserial: USB Serial support registered for GSM modem (1-port)
option 2-1.2:1.0: GSM modem (1-port) converter detected
usb 2-1.2: GSM modem (1-port) converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usbcore: registered new interface driver stir4200

Here's the libdivecomputer logfile:

Subsurface: v4.7.6, built with libdivecomputer
v0.7.0-devel-Subsurface-branch (8ae735a4d70307ebe2a42d315697f02ce71dbe88)
ERROR: No dive computer found. [in uwatec_smart.c:182
(uwatec_smart_device_open)]

I assume subsurface needs to find irda0??