Shearwater upload problems

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Mon Feb 5 04:49:55 PST 2018

On 2018-02-05 11:31, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> This weekend I used a Shearwater predator dive computer. Connecting
> via Bluetooth no problem, had to force it to classical bt as it
> defaulted to LE. However, downloading the dive to Subsurface provides
> two problems:
>
> 1) The duration for each dive is exactly half of what it was in real
> life. So there is a problem with setting up the correct time
> increments for successive samples.

The shearwater sample rate is hardcoded to 10 seconds. So I don't see
how that can produce unexpected results. Or are you referring to the
reported dive time?

> 2) I had an oxygen sensor connected to the Shearwater. The oxygen
> values are not shown in the downloaded log.

Last week, I merged a change to disable the ppO2 samples if all
(calibrated) sensors have the factory default calibration value (2100).
If you happen to have a unit that doesn't store the calibration values
properly, then this could explain why you are no longer seeing ppO2
samples with the latest libdivecomputer.

> Below is a dropbox link to the Subsurface log and bin dumps of the
> download. I am hoping someone can provide more information.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jiogq7li1bwpysl/AADZNPVfDhFlHXM6ZbpYMp3ja?dl=0

There is something strange with this data. The model number is zero,
while it's supposed to be 2 for the Predator. The number of sensors is
1, but none of the three sensors has its calibrated bit set, and all
three calibration values are also zero.

Does the rest of the data looks good, or are there other errors as well?

Jef