Shearwater upload problems

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Mon Feb 5 07:16:12 PST 2018

On 2018-02-05 15:42, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> I definitely did pick the Predator option, both in the Linux OS
> Bluetooth setup and within Subsurface. The O2 sensor on the computer
> was calibrated using oxygen in the way specified in the user manual
> and it performed very well. I have no idea how this relates to the
> calibration bit and calibration value.

The dive header contains the number of sensors, and for each sensor a
bit to indicate whether it was calibrated, and the calibration value.
But your data only contains the number of sensors (1). Both the
calibrated bit and the calibration value are zero. That's not what I
expected to see.

> The temperature data are ok. There are issues with the deco ceiling
> calculated in Subsurface, but since deco is time-bound and we have an
> erroneous time scale, it remains to be seen if the deco effects are
> genuine or an artifact of the time scale problem.

I meant the data that came from the dive computer, and not some info
that is calculated by subsurface. The fact that some of your data looks
wrong, made me wonder whether there is some sort of data corruption.
Hence my question whether some other data (depth, temperature, etc)
looks wrong or not. If other data is clearly wrong too, then data
corruption might indeed be the cause.

Do you happen to have memory dumps downloaded in the past?

Jef