getting ready for 4.7.7

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Feb 10 12:58:29 PST 2018

And with that, Subsurface 4.7.7 is indeed released, announced (on our blog, Facebook, and Google+), and ready. And I believe the update check should be working correctly as well.

Thanks to everyone for the great work, especially to my co-maintainers for keeping things going quite smoothly while I was out first traveling and then dealing with the flu.

This is an amazing community!

As a result of all my distractions, the shortlog reads quite different from what I usually get to post:

$ git shortlog -s -n v4.7.6..v4.7.7
    60  Berthold Stoeger
    52  Jan Mulder
    22  Miika Turkia
    13  Dirk Hohndel
    11  Stefan Fuchs
     9  Robert C. Helling
     7  Willem Ferguson
     6  Oliver Schwaneberg
     2  Lubomir I. Ivanov
     1  Roman Romanchuk
     1  Guillaume GARDET
     1  Anton Lundin

I can't remember the last release where I was on #4 - and where there were almost no commits from me that actually added features / fixed bugs. I consider this an extremely healthy sign.
It's exciting to see some new names on here... Welcome Oliver and Roman as new contributors!

And thanks to everyone for your work - especially the translators who don't get "automatic credit" for their contributions in the git log.

Thanks

/D

PS: HEY, Linus... another release with ZERO commits from you... I'm rather sad to see that...