Subsurface 4.7.7 accessibility

Simon Eigeldinger simon.eigeldinger at vol.at
Sat Feb 17 12:17:53 PST 2018

Hi Robert,

Am 17.02.2018 um 09:36 schrieb Robert Helling:
> Hi,
>
>> On 17. Feb 2018, at 00:58, Simon Eigeldinger <simon.eigeldinger at vol.at> wrote:
>>
>> Here's a audio demo of it.
>> Maybe its easier to understand than the things i have written:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/2451sl7b8c0s848/subsurface%204.7.7%20accessibility%20issues.mp3?dl=1 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/2451sl7b8c0s848/subsurface%204.7.7%20accessibility%20issues.mp3?dl=1>
>

> I agree it should be pretty straight forward to add missing labels to UI elements and make stuff reachable by tabbing. Maybe it would be helpful if you tell us which workflows (like, downloading from dive computer manually adding dives (even though that is pretty graphics oriented), dive list statistics) you would most urgently need.

Hi Robert,

I don't have a dive computer at the moment.
As a blind person i am that close to my buddy basically holding his/her
shoulder so i can get the data from there and entering it in manually.
at least the basic data.

Though i am in search of equipment that could tell me under water the
basic things like current depth, cylinder pressure, etc.
though at the moment we are coming up empty and i also have asked some
diving computer manufacturers though they have no solution.

So i guess we could start with the basics and then gradually getting
more and more parts accessible.
the most interesting would be the statistical tables as well as the main
dives list and searches.
graphical things wouldn't make sense because we blind and visually
impaired people are text based. *smile*

Greetings,
Simon

---