Latest update

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 03:35:34 PST 2018

On 28 February 2018 at 13:23, Long, Martin <martin at longhome.co.uk> wrote:
> I believe it is a simple setting in the manifest.  android:installLocation
> which can be either "preferExternal" or "auto" (or not present, to disallow
> moving to SD). I suspect this may have changed.
>
> However, there are certain types of app which can not/should not be moved to
> SD. It may be that subsurface has started to fall into one of these
> categories.

i've checked the value in our manifest and it's android:installLocation="auto".

maybe our underlying framework is the cause - Qt.
yet quickly googling about Qt apps that don't work from a SD card i
can't find any results.

>  The various reasons can be found here:
> https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/data/install-location.html

"Applications That Should NOT Install on External Storage"

i don't think we fall under that category in terms of our code base.
again, it could be a generic Qt issue.

it's best if you can log an issue in our github if you have an account:
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues

thanks
lubomir