Dive plan: Taking into account isobaric counterdiffusion

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Tue Jan 2 06:24:24 PST 2018

Hi,

> On 2. Jan 2018, at 14:53, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> I am personally interested in this topic so I started to play with your patch and this is my feedback:
> - +1 for implementing s.th <http://s.th/>. regarding ICD / IBCD
> - Ok with choosing this 5% rule of thumbs from IANTD unless someone clearly shows us that there is a MUCH better approach or e.g. a kind of 2nd/3rd/... limit we could consider additionally
> - No real idea where else we could put this code other than in the plannernotes.c
> Ok, this was the easy part, now the more difficult items:
> - I already expected people to give negative feedback regarding cluttering the UI/output - and I would have understood this.
> Always adding this additional column in the dive plan table with some complex info which is needed by almost nobody really doesn't look that nice. So we need to look for a clever solution for this. I already see a few options:
> x Only show this column for Tx dives (not too difficult but still it could happen that s.o. want's NOT to see the info)
> x Prefs option to switch it on/off (yeah, also cluttering the UI)
> x Don't print ICD info into plan/table but only show it as a tool tip when hovering over the gas in the plan (complex, maybe even not possible)

I also like the idea of displaying the info on ICD (and I am happy to hear that there is some sort of limit that at least some people agree on).

I am not sure, the dive notes/written dive plan are the best location for the display, though, in particular since those notes are supposed to be printed on wet notes (and during the dive this is not relevant information). Wouldn’t it be better to make this an event in the profile or modify the gas change event accordingly (including the percentage information and maybe using a different icon if the change is above the threshold)?

What do you think?

Best
Robert