Dive plan: Taking into account isobaric counterdiffusion

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Tue Jan 2 16:29:15 PST 2018

On 02 January, 2018 - Willem Ferguson wrote:

> We have
> had some serious injuries by ignorant divers who dived to 80m with
> trimix and who then used air as a deco gas. Crazy. Therefore I
> regard the ICD info as critical.

My ICD management is simple, Never use Air as a deco gas[1]. Its just
a awful deco gas.

Joking aside, I use the pp graph's in subsurface for inert gas pp
management. Just make sure they don't rise above what you are saturated
on.

A comment on the IANTD rule of thumb, is that another one I've seen is
to never raise the inert gas pressure by more than 0.5 on a gas change.
>From what I've read V-planner uses this rule.

Ex. on a 100m dive, on 10/70 , I wouldn't have any problem using 21/35
as the first deco gas, but I would probably throw in some extra he,
making it a 21/45 or something.

//Anton

1. Unless I'm doing a air dive, and mange to build up some deco time,
and don't have anything better around...

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604