Subsurface 4.7.6 Not Starting On OS X 10.9.5

Charles Hochhauser chochhau at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 08:11:55 PST 2018

Hi Dirk:

I hate to be a pain but I am having an issue importing dives from my
Shearwater computers.  The attempted import documented below is a Petrel
(model 1) from which I have no trouble importing into Shearwater Desktop.
I am running Subsurface 4.7.6 which I installed this week on a Macbook Pro
Mid 2009 with Mac OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan), all patches are installed.

Here is a screenshot of the error message along with the import parameters:

The contents of the log file are below, it is also attached:

Subsurface: v4.7.6, built with libdivecomputer
v0.7.0-devel-Subsurface-branch (8ae735a4d70307ebe2a42d315697f02ce71dbe88)
ERROR: Failed to open the serial port. [in
/Users/hohndel/src/subsurface/libdivecomputer/src/shearwater_common.c:46
(shearwater_common_open)]

I have been able to import dives from my Oceanic VT4 via its USB cable into
Subsurface without any issue.  I also have a Shearwater Perdix which uses
Low Energy Bluetooth so I have to use the dongle that came with the
Perdix.  I was able to get the Perdix to connect 1 time but have not had
any luck connecting after that.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you,

Charles