Mares Puck Pro Plus via Bluetooth (Mares Bluelink Pro)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Jan 10 13:02:19 PST 2018

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 10:58 AM, Christian Schneider
<christian at ch-sc.de> wrote:

> I attached the log from libdc and from Subsurface itself, as the libdc
> log isn't very long and the Subsurface log seems to contain some
> communication.

Subsurface finds the service, but then when it tries to discover the
details, we never seem to finish service discovery.

You can see the "discovering details" phase in the log, but then it
doesn't get to "enabling notifications" which is where we start to
really talk to the device.

It fails with "failed to find suitable service on 00:1A:85:E0:0B:FA",
which just means that the Qt BLE service state never went to
ServiceDiscovered.

(Well, "never" here means "within BLE_TIMEOUT", which is 12 seconds).

So it never gets to the actual communication phase.

I'm not sure why that happens. This is all still pretty much entirely
the QT BLE connection phase, there's not really any subsurface or
libdivecomputer part to it all.

            Linus