Recreational planning with Subsurface?

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Thu Jan 25 01:07:11 PST 2018

I am working on the user manual. Because of UI changes, this includes
replacing all the images in the section dealing with the dive planner. I
am trying to get the recreational planner to work and I have a problem.
See attached image.

If the initial cylinder pressure is not set, then the planner provides a
dive at the specified depth and duration is determined by the NDL,
limited by the present cylinder size and initial air pressure. So I
select a 12 litre 232 bar cylinder and do not set the initial cylinder
pressure.

1) The ceiling and profile do not approach the NDL limits based on dive
tables, even with GF=90/90.

2) Even more important, at the bottom it says that the dive requires
1245 litres of gas, more than is in the cylinder. But this is wrong
because the 12 litre 232 bar cylinder takes 2784 litres.

I am at a loss of what to put into the user manual. If anyone
understands this better, I would appreciate some insight.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf for full