Split a dive by time

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Jul 1 13:57:21 PDT 2018

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 1:35 PM Linus Torvalds

> Oh, but this *does* split automatically (go to dive list, select that
> dive, right-click to get the action menu, pick "split dive"), and the
> first 29:30 is considered a dive of its own.

Actually, we have a really stupid bug in the splitting logic that
makes it basically act randomly.

So sometimes it splits, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it splits
at the wrong point. We do an incorrect pointer arithmetic on the
sample pointer.

Fixing that, I get the right splits, and let me just fix the merging too.

                Linus