Legacy Bluetooth missing again

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jul 5 08:16:43 PDT 2018

> On Jul 5, 2018, at 7:32 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I seem to have got it back by:
>>
>> - Deleting app and reinstalling
>> - Deleting the pairing (in phone BT settings) and recreating
>>
>> Though I tried several times. Both of those steps on their own didn't seem to work.
>
> Same here but on my vintage Nexus 7 (first version) it's sufficient to
> delete and create the BT pairing.

Shearwater acknowledges that the dual stack BT/BLE versions of the Petrel 2
are a bit temperamental. Once they remember a device, they stop broadcasting
and in some circumstances that leads to a new connection not working.

But I will admit that I have problems with the Suunto as well.

If you go to the forums of any of the company dive log apps (be it Suunto,
Shearwater, Scubapro...) they are filled with people reporting similar issues.
Getting BT and BLE connections set up and maintained is not as simple as
it should be.