Legacy Bluetooth missing again

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jul 5 08:41:54 PDT 2018

> On Jul 5, 2018, at 8:29 AM, Long, Martin <martin at longhome.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Ah, so maybe it disappeared because I'd paired my petrel with my PC in order to test the ppo2 download.

Yes - I can actually reproduce that behavior here. For the Suunto you have to explicitly delete a pairing, the Shearwater doesn't offer that.
Additionally, you can get the Shearwater in a state where it refuses to give up its idea of its state. Shearwater themselves recommend removing the battery and waiting about 15 seconds for the BT settings to reset.

> Thing is I'd tried unpairing and re-pairing several times, to no avail. Anyway it's working now, and the good news is that the ppO2 data also came through for my new dives. Excellent work.

I'm glad this is working. I'm puzzled how it would make a difference to the ability to pair if you re-install Subsurface... but let's simply remember this as "last ditch attempt" when other, saner approaches don't work :-)

One request - your email sounded like you had this not working for weeks and were rather frustrated. Apparently we (the community) and I (as the maintainer) sometimes don't do a good job listening to people who are stuck. Please be persistent and tell us when things are broken for you so we prioritize the effort to fix them...

Thanks for the feedback!