Legacy Bluetooth missing again

Long, Martin martin at longhome.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 03:17:16 PDT 2018

Hi Dirk,

Thanks. Yes, I did report it the last time, and I believe it was you who
worked on the fix. At the time I wasn't aware of the CI builds available
through github, and I waited for it to be released on the official Beta
channel through the Play Store.

I think the problem possibly was that I experienced the same problem where
I kept opening up the app after each update to find it still wasn't
working, and made the assumption that the fix hadn't made it into a build
yet. I probably later got it working by deleting the pairing.

The confusing part is that the bug you fixed was one where only BLE address
was showing for dual-stack devices. The current situation seems to exhibit
the same symptoms - the BLE address still shows, while the classic address
does not. For this reason it APPEARS like it is a regression, when in fact
it is not, it is a known integration issue with a work around.

For the record, I have worked on open source projects, and understand that
everything is a "gift" to the community, so thank you to you, Linus, and
everyone else who has contributed (including even myself a little while
back). It can just be very frustrating when software I've come to rely on
stops working.

Martin