Legacy Bluetooth missing again

Long, Martin martin at longhome.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 03:42:23 PDT 2018

Just a small further update. I seem to have reproduced the problem. But
haven't been able to break back out of the state using any of the suggested
means.

Opened subsurface on PC, and did a test download, worked OK.
Back to phone, and Petrel has completely disappeared from subsurface. It's
also just vanished from BT pairings.

Now I've just tried many combinations of:
 - phone reboots (sometimes these are required just to get the Petrel to
pair again)
 - Petrel reboots (with between 15s and 1 minute unpowered)
 - Subsurface "Clear data" from android app settings.

Now it only seems to see the BLE address. I'm sure eventually I should get
it back, but there seems to be a lot of luck involved.