Video thumbnails

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 6 03:45:51 PDT 2018

On Friday, 6 July 2018 12:31:27 CEST Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> The advantage of calling an app vs. linking against the libraries is that
> for calling an app we need to tell the user how to do that, vs. for
> shipping the libraries we need to build them on all the platforms,
> integrate them into our package and deal with the potential licensing /
> patent pain created by that. You can guess which way I'm leaning here :-)

Make it easy for the user, what else...? ;)

But seriously, let's land #1463 first. In a private branch I already have
connected this to a "VideoFrameExtractor". I just need to replace QMultimedia
by ffmpeg. Whether we use an executable [Windows is posix, so it does know the
concept of stdout, right?] or a library is then just a minor implementation
detail.

But give me a week or two, please.

Berthold