Mac test build based on Qt5.11.1 - please test

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jul 7 12:23:25 PDT 2018

Hi Benjamin,

Here's an update...

> On Jul 7, 2018, at 6:57 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 7, 2018, at 12:00 AM, Benjamin <nystire at gmail.com <mailto:nystire at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Subsurface starts up and gives me a red bar at the bottom of the screen saying "Unmatched action 'hash' ", but that could really be my setup, given that Dirk just saved me from a bad data file :) (Thank you, Dirk)
>
> No, I see the same thing here. I'm looking into this.

This is fixed in master.

>> Running using Subsurface -v -v
>> When trying to import from my Petrel 2, I choose "classic mode" and get the following messages on the CLI:
>> Starting download from  BT
>> Starting the thread 0
>> IOBluetooth works only on the main thread or a thread with a running CFRunLoop
>> Failed to connect to device  00:13:43:0C:56:29 . Device state  QBluetoothSocket::UnconnectedState . Error:  QBluetoothSocket::SocketError( -2 )
>> qt_ble_open( 00:13:43:0C:56:29 )
>> failed to connect to the controller  00:13:43:0C:56:29 with error "Remote device cannot be found"
>> Finishing download thread: "Unable to open 00:13:43:0C:56:29 Shearwater (Petrel 2)"
>>

> That's interesting. The message on IOBluetooth is a new one - I have noticed that Qt5.11 gives better error messages in a few other situations as well. Also something to investigate.
> I assume that you are able to download from your Petrel 2 with the release version of Subsurface 4.8?
> Which version of macOS are you on? I created an issue on GitHub to track this: https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/1472 <https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/1472>
If you look at this closely you see that it first fails BT because the device is in UnconnectedState and then it tries BLE and that fails as well.
Now, the BLE part of the Petrel 2 has been failing for us for a while now.
I played here with the BT download for a little bit and this is my result:

If I pair my Petrel (Linus currently has my Petrel 2, so I tested with the BT-only Petrel) with my Mac with system tools,
and then click on '...' in order to open the BT dialog and search for the dive computer, select the Petrel and then Save it,
and then click Download,
wait for macOS to pop up another pairing request, enter '0000' as pin and OK,
then it still shows the same IOBluetooth error, but it downloads successfully.
And I can show that same behavior with both stock Subsurface 4.8.0 (Qt5.10.1) and with the test binary I created based on Qt5.11.1.

Can you reproduce the successful download, following these steps?