MXE with Qt5.11.1 and missing map

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jul 9 23:31:22 PDT 2018

> On Jul 9, 2018, at 10:52 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 9, 2018, at 10:32 PM, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de <mailto:sfuchs at gmx.de>> wrote:
>>
>> Hallo Dirk,
>>
>> Refreshing your memory regarding QtPositioning plus finally answering your question below...

>>> I saw similar feedback from people building with 5.11 on some Linux flavors. I upgraded my Arch Linux yesterday and the map worked there - but as I said, I haven't played with this for MXE. My guess would be that it's not the DLLs but the qml modules that are missing.
>>>>
>>> I take it back, it clearly is looking for a DLL. And when you look at the installed version, the library is right where Subsurface is looking for it? Or is it missing from the installer?
>> The new 5.11.1 library file was there in the right position. No clue why Qt complained.
>
> I ran into this on Mac - the error message makes no sense, but it was fixed by making sure QtPositioningQuick was included in the bundle. Maybe it's something similar on MXE?
> Look at this commit: https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/commit/4595ccb9f993160eee25f242feb092566dfe3061 <https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/commit/4595ccb9f993160eee25f242feb092566dfe3061>
And the same thing is preventing the Qt 5.11 based Android app from working. There is some other component or library that we need to select in cmake - but I can't figure out what the right keyword might be.
On Android it's lib declarative_positioning.so that isn't packaged and that one isn't packaged because its dependency libQt5PositioningQuick.so is missing.

That sound awfully familiar, doesn't it?