4.8.1 planning

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jul 11 21:24:49 PDT 2018

> On Jul 11, 2018, at 9:14 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:46 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
>
> Just a heads up - I want to release 4.8.1 fairly soon. Mainly to deal with the issues with Mac (where I had to embarrassingly push a new installer a couple days after release which is something that I hate doing in the first place). Anyway, the problems in the Mac binary are resolved now, and we even have a few new features as indicated by the CHANGELOG...
>
> What I'm not sure about is what the best way is to do a cut off. Are we at a good spot right now? Are there a few more PRs that should go in? Or are there commits that are in that would be better if they weren't in 4.8.1?
>
> Well, it would be great if BT download from OSTC Sport was working. At least it has been broken for me for quite a long time. I have no idea of what is wrong, but it just does not work. I gotta use Subsurface-6addfe166-x86_64.AppImage to get the data out. IIRC at some point I bisected it to have broken down between 54f6bff9290906a62628c85e1adb3a74ca487722 and 8ae735a4d70307ebe2a42d315697f02ce71dbe88. But digging into this area is quite challenging since the interfaces change  and one has to switch versions of both Subsurface and libdivecomputer while bisecting.
>
> IIRC Jeff mentioned at some point that he had fixed OSTC bug on libdivecomputer, but at least latest latest continuous build (AppImage) is not working for me and the fix should be already in Subsurface. Is BT download from OSTC working for someone on latest release or devel version?

I don't have an OSTC with BT for testing. But I thought that both Jan and Robert had reported success downloading from their OSTC just recently.
Bisecting across that merge is insanely painful - I agree. I wish I had a better idea of how to approach this :-(
Without hardware to test things with, I really don't know what else I could do.