4.8.1 planning

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 11:52:10 PDT 2018

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 9:22 PM, Linus Torvalds <
torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 11:13 AM Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Commit 8a34d822ff5b6b235434f4a240f2f559ef331503 (libdivecomputer) seems
> to break the BT download from OSTC for me.
>
> Ouch.
>
> That's the "switch over to libdivecomputer iostream" commit.
>
> Which is about the worst possible commit to test, because that's when
> the whole IO world just switched over.
>
> Can you do a libdivecomputer dump-file for the works case just before
> that, and a failing one.
>
> At least we'd see the IO patterns as libdivecomputer sees them.

The broken one fails without any success. Console output:
---8<---
Starting download from  BT
Starting the thread 0
INFO: FTDI disabled
INFO: dc_deveice_open error value of 0
Finishing the thread Dive data import error dives downloaded 0
---8<---

And attached is the little available on the log.

miika