4.8.1 planning

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Jul 12 12:44:01 PDT 2018

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:26 PM Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did test this with Win10 the other day and it did not work. (Subsurface 4.8.0)
>
> Just tested Android and it started to download the data.

Can you do a "strace -f -Ttt" under Linux (the resulting trace file
will be *huge* because of all the GUI interactions) and try to find
the point where it starts doing IO?

It should be fairly easy to see in the system call traces, because the
BT open should be something like

    socket(AF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_STREAM, BTPROTO_RFCOMM);

which should be easy-ish to find in the strace mess (strace should be
translating all those symbolic names for SOCK_STREAM and AF_BLUETOOTH
etc).

And once you find the open, the actual IO on that socket should be
visible, and with that "-Ttt" we should see the timings too (ie maybe
we have some similar "give up too early" that the MacOS side has)

                 Linus