4.8.1 planning

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Thu Jul 12 15:15:54 PDT 2018

On 12 July, 2018 - Miika Turkia wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 11:03 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 12, 2018, at 12:45 PM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 12. Jul 2018, at 21:26, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I did test this with Win10 the other day and it did not work. (Subsurface
> > 4.8.0)
> >

> > I just had a conversation with a user on facebook (who had other problems)
> > who happily downloads dives from OSTC sport on Win 10 to subsurface 4.8.0.
> >

> > That's interesting.
> > Miika, do you also have an OSTC Sport? Or a different model?
> >

> OSTC Sport with FW v10.44. Just updated a few days ago to see if it would
> help...

I just dug up my Sport and put a battery in it and it fails to to
download, Both on linux and on Android. I tested it via rfcomm and that
worked just fine.

My Sport is the old one with the red buttons and the Classic only bt
chip. I'm guessing the Classic only chip is the difference between those
who works and not.

I'm just way to tired to do any sane debugging right now, but I can at
least reproduce it.

Btw, my kernel went belly up when fiddeling with rfcomm:

WARNING: CPU: 2 PID: 11079 at /build/linux-hL8lyP/linux-4.15.0/drivers/tty/tty_port.c:257 tty_port_destructor+0x6c/0x80
Workqueue: events release_one_tty
Call Trace:
 tty_port_put+0x2c/0x30
 rfcomm_tty_cleanup+0x62/0x70 [rfcomm]
 release_one_tty+0x3e/0xc0
 process_one_work+0x1de/0x410
 worker_thread+0x32/0x410
 kthread+0x121/0x140
 ? process_one_work+0x410/0x410
 ? kthread_create_worker_on_cpu+0x70/0x70
 ? do_syscall_64+0x73/0x130
 ? SyS_exit+0x17/0x20
 ret_from_fork+0x35/0x40

You know its time to go to bed when those things happens.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604