4.8.1 planning

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jul 12 21:59:07 PDT 2018

> Hooray, this seems to work.

Excellent!

Can I get a commit for this, Linus? :-)

> But, as I downloaded everything that is available on the OSTC sport, it seems that the oldest dives do not have the dive profile. Does the sport keep the max depth and time information on log when it needs to start overwriting? I have dive profiles for 205 dives in it and rest is without...

Yes, quite a few dive computers do that. They keep the key data (start time, duration, depth) for a lot of dives, but the profile samples only for NN dives (either a hard number or more typically just based on the number of samples they can store). IIRC for the OSTC the sample interval impacts how many dives with profile it can store. If you do 2 seconds (or whatever the most high-res setting is) then it was only a few dozen dives...