Fwd: Re: Load images via media

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Jul 15 09:43:29 PDT 2018

Hi Willem,

On Sunday, 15 July 2018 11:16:26 CEST Willem Ferguson wrote:
> I am working with the latest Subsurface version in the Ubuntu
> repository. Let me build master and see what happens.

I didn't even realize that there were working Ubuntu packages for 18.04?

> I have been looking around for a list of all the shared libraries
> required to build master in Ubuntu, but cannot find it. I am sure it was
> in the README file in the subsurface directory, but I cannot find the
> list anywhere. Have you seen this list of shared libraries lately?

The AppImage with Stefan's changes is in
https://transfer.sh/H3XKk/Subsurface-4.8.1-33-gbce9e82893c5-x86_64.AppImage
(I think).

Dirk just committed the changes to master. The libraries you need to build are
in INSTALL:

sudo apt install \
        autoconf automake cmake g++ git libcrypto++-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev \
        libgit2-dev libqt5qml5 libqt5quick5 libqt5svg5-dev
        libqt5webkit5-dev libsqlite3-dev libssh2-1-dev libssl-dev libssl-dev \
        libtool libusb-1.0-0-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libzip-dev make \
        pkg-config qml-module-qtlocation qml-module-qtpositioning \
        qml-module-qtquick2 qt5-default qt5-qmake qtchooser qtconnectivity5-
dev \
        qtdeclarative5-dev qtdeclarative5-private-dev qtlocation5-dev \
        qtpositioning5-dev qtscript5-dev qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools

Just a heads up: for me (though on Kubuntu), the map stopped working (I have
to remove the qtlocation package or the application crashes)!

Berthold