Fwd: Re: Load images via media

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Jul 15 11:44:46 PDT 2018

On 15/07/2018 18:43, Berthold Stoeger wrote:
> Hi Willem,
>
> On Sunday, 15 July 2018 11:16:26 CEST Willem Ferguson wrote:
>> I am working with the latest Subsurface version in the Ubuntu
>> repository. Let me build master and see what happens.
> I didn't even realize that there were working Ubuntu packages for 18.04?
I set the PPA as in the download web page and did an apt-get install
The installed code looked like a snap.
>> I have been looking around for a list of all the shared libraries
>> required to build master in Ubuntu, but cannot find it. I am sure it was
>> in the README file in the subsurface directory, but I cannot find the
>> list anywhere. Have you seen this list of shared libraries lately?
> The AppImage with Stefan's changes is in
> https://transfer.sh/H3XKk/Subsurface-4.8.1-33-gbce9e82893c5-x86_64.AppImage
> (I think).
>
> Dirk just committed the changes to master. The libraries you need to build are
> in INSTALL:
>
> sudo apt install \
>          autoconf automake cmake g++ git libcrypto++-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev \
>          libgit2-dev libqt5qml5 libqt5quick5 libqt5svg5-dev
>          libqt5webkit5-dev libsqlite3-dev libssh2-1-dev libssl-dev libssl-dev \
>          libtool libusb-1.0-0-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libzip-dev make \
>          pkg-config qml-module-qtlocation qml-module-qtpositioning \
>          qml-module-qtquick2 qt5-default qt5-qmake qtchooser qtconnectivity5-
> dev \
>          qtdeclarative5-dev qtdeclarative5-private-dev qtlocation5-dev \
>          qtpositioning5-dev qtscript5-dev qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools
Thank you, this was really helpful.

I built master and the directory problems are gone. Looks like an
incompatability with whatever I got from the repository.
> Just a heads up: for me (though on Kubuntu), the map stopped working (I have
> to remove the qtlocation package or the application crashes)!
If you can crash it in a predictable way, then I can check for the same
on my Ubuntu Gnome.

Kind regards, and thanks very much for the help.
willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf
<http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf> for