Windows refuses to run Subsurface

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 14:30:37 PDT 2018

On 15 July 2018 at 21:31, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> today, I was diving (yay!) with a new dive buddy who wasn’t aware of the
many great features of Subsurface. So I could convince her to try it out
but her Windows refuses to run it with an error message

> that indicates some compatibility problem (thats what you get when you
google the error message). Has anybody else seen this?

> I should mention she is a programmer with Qt experience and wasn’t too
reluctant to contribute…

the subsystem responsible for running 32bit apps on 64bit Windows is called
WoW64 and it's installed by default on modern versions.
if WoW64 is not working there is something quite wrong with this OS setup.

other possible causes:
- the quality of the screenshot is not very good, but if that right there
on the Desktop is the Subsurface installer, it does not have an icon, which
could be caused by a partial download - try downloading the installer again?
- antivirus software can block the installer - try disabling any AV
temporarily?

lubomir