website translation experiments

Peter Zaal peter.zaal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 03:07:24 PDT 2018

Dutch done, almost all strings were already correctly transferred.
Btw for the formatting placeholders, ctrl-alt-number didn't work for me, no
clue why not, but you can also simply click on the number in the original
text en it is then copied to the translated text.
Another question, should and can we use html entities for special
characters, e.g. if I want to use an é in the text, can I just put an é, or
should we use  é or would this be encoded once more on the site (and
literally show "é") ? And I know this is just an experiment for now,
but maybe it would be nice to have all the webpage resources within a
'Subsurface website' parent if possible. The about resource is now on the
same level as subsurface4 and others, but i would be a bit cluttered if all
the webpages would come here.

Peter

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 9:26 AM Pedro Neves <nevesdiver at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dirk:
>
> I've completed the translation for pt_PT. I had to adjust a few strings,
> but it was no big deal.
>
> Hope this helps...
>
> Cheers:
>
> Pedro