website translation experiments

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jul 16 12:54:06 PDT 2018

> On Jul 16, 2018, at 11:35 AM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > As always, nothing is as easy as it should be :-)
>
> I continue to run into weird error messages trying to upload resources to Transifex - something that I've never experienced with the resources for the app translation.
> I will continue to play with this, but I'll admit that I'm getting rather frustrated as there appears to be absolutely no useful feedback...
>
> Bummer.

You can say that again. I'm trying to get support from them, but of course we're on a free account, so... not holding my breath.

> Anyway, indeed all the languages are available when viewing with a real browser. And if it turns out that this is going to work, there are a couple of titles that needs to be added to be translated. Otherwise the translation seems to be pretty good. We would probably see quite a bit more effort in the web site translations if it was done via transifex. Easier to see what is not in sync.

Well, yes. Except that what makes it easy to see this is part of the manual processing that I need to do to get things into Transifex in the first place. But I view this as a one time cost since after that it does indeed become much easier.