website translation experiments

Peter Zaal peter.zaal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 11:23:06 PDT 2018

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 7:38 PM Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Jul 18, 2018, at 7:01 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> The dutch (nl_NL) translations are not on the website...
>>

> Sorry, they are actually on the website, but the link from the dutch about
> page is to the english annoucing page.
>

> Interesting. More things to fix...
>

> In order to adjust this I ended up going into Raw Editor mode on Transifex
> (the 'gear' symbol in the top right corner and then Editor Preferences).
> Now you can edit the link.
> I did this for the languages where it was missing.
>
> /D

Ah nice, I didn't noticed that option before! At first I was under the
impression that somewhere in the process the links where automagically
updated to their localized url. But I found out that in GitHub the links
were already to the specific localized url, so we should do that in
Transifex as well.
There were some more links to pages that were not localized (e.g. links on
the annoucing pages to the User Form or Downloads page), so I updated these
as well.
Thanks, I really like where this is going!

Peter