Cloud storage does not load at startup since b9b1f03

Stefan Fuchs sfuchs at gmx.de
Wed Jul 25 12:12:38 PDT 2018

Hallo Jan,

Am 24.07.2018 um 20:34 schrieb Jan Iversen:
> I was finally able to confirm the problem.
>
> I used a local xml profile and that prohibits cloud automatic loading, with a cloud based default xml, I can reproduce the problem, which is somewhere in qPrefCloudStorage.
>
> Sorry for the multiple mails, but this one was not intuitive to confirm. I still have to understand why using a local profile stops automatic loading.
>
> I am on debugging and hope to have a PR ready very soon.
>
> Thanks for making me aware of the problem.
> rgds
> jan I
>
> Enviado desde mi iPad
>
>> El 24 jul 2018, a las 9:09, Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org> escribió:
>>
>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> I run a build of Subsurface's latest git master but since b9b1f03 I find
>> that cloud storage does not load upon startup as it used to.
>>
>> Is there any settings or such things I need to migrate to conform with
>> the new qPrefCloudStorage?
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> --
>> Gaetan

I also have to report some unintended behavior coming from the
"qPrefCloudStorage" change.
My setup is the following:
I by default start Subsurface with a local .xml file ("Stefan.xml") and
rather seldom use the cloud storage.

After the change Subsurface starts with a title bar showing "[Cloud
storage for] Stefan.xml" which is obviously not correct because I want
to have the local file. Also the menu entry "File->Cloud storage online"
is active which is also incorrect. I have the feeling that also the
overall behavior regarding which data is used is rather strange but
that's just a guess.

Best regards
Stefan

--