ppO2 data has changed

Long, Martin martin at longhome.co.uk
Sat Jun 2 10:49:00 PDT 2018

Hi,

I've noticed that the data downloaded from my Shearwater Petrel (JJ
Divecan) has changed recently. Older dives have the actual recorded ppO2,
whereas the newer dives have only the setpoint. Worse still, looking at the
data files it looks like the actual ppO2 data is not recorded - the data is
lost.

I now have a whole bunch of dives which I've downloaded, edited data such
as the dive site, equipment, notes, buddies, etc, and they are missing data
from the computer. This is pretty useful data too, as I want to use it to
diagnose a problem I was having with a unit on a recent dive.

Even if this gets put back to how it *should* work, in order to recover the
data I'll have to delete all of my recent dives from subsurface, redownload
them from my Petrel, and then go and manually re-key the edits I made.

Why was this change made? It makes no sense and data loss is a really bad
thing.

Martin