[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Jun 9 16:59:37 PDT 2018

On Sat, Jun 9, 2018 at 4:44 PM Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> @DC_VERSION@ = e97a47cca55973199715df0f818b4955e60d3a31
> that's due to dodging autotools on Windows.

Hmm. You're missing the "Re-instate the lack of handshaking for the
Scubapro Aladin Sport Matrix" commit, but it doesn't matter for
anything else.

I don't think the "echo" thing is from any serial line echo, I think
it's just that the dive computer is supposed to echo back the commands
to you as a kind of "ack" (well, _some_ dive computers do that, the
protocols are all different).

So this is not a "you have to implement echo in the LE stack" issue.

Your debug log doesn't actually have the IO that is done. That seems
to be a Qt issue. We ask for debug output, and some versions of Qt
will give that:

        QLoggingCategory::setFilterRules(QStringLiteral("qt.bluetooth*
= true"));

and others will apparently just ignore it.

I wonder if we should just add data debugging to our
characteristcStateChanged() and characteristicWritten() functions,
just so that we'd get that packet output even when Qt doesn't do it.

            Linus