[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 09:29:36 PDT 2018

On 11 June 2018 at 18:16, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 June 2018 at 17:49, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On Jun 10, 2018, at 5:36 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> 2) so OSTC+ has a certain service with 4 WriteNoResponse
>>> characteristics (no READ, WRITE-ONLY) which is supposedly the service
>>> we have to use for communicating to the device. at least we assume
>>> that in Subsurface but i don't see a concrete reason for this
>>> assumption. we also assume that the first characteristic is the one we
>>> want to write the "0xBB" to.
>>
>> This code was written based on documentation of the BLE stack that the
>> OSTC implements.
>> I wonder if the four characteristics are in the same order. It would be interesting
>> to dump all the information we can get on the four of them both under Windows
>> and Linux and see if this points at something odd.
>
> where can i find this documentation?
>
> if someone gives me the Linux UUIDs of the 4 chars i can compare.
> even a dump of the whole successful operation of downloading dives
> (command exchange etc) would help.

after checking the document, i can confirm that the order and flags of
the characteristics (in the service of interest) matches for this
prototype OSTC+.

Jan, do you remember what procedure we use to verify that second
characteristic (00000002-0000-1000-8000-008025000000) has received the
READY command:
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/libdc/blob/e97a47cca55973199715df0f818b4955e60d3a31/src/hw_ostc3.c#L56

i can only find the writing of the INIT command to the first
characteristic (00000001-0000-1000-8000-008025000000) in our code
base:
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/blob/master/core/qt-ble.cpp#L158

lubomir