converting logbook formats

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Jun 11 11:27:47 PDT 2018

On 08 June, 2018 - C. Hoefer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to start using subsurface mobile.
>
> Is there a tool to convert my xml logbook to the format used with the
> mobile? Back and forth at best. :-)

The simple answer is Use the cloud service. Its the only supported
source for subsurface mobile. It will handle everything for you.

To answer your literal question, Using Subsurface is the sane way of
doing it. Just create a git repo, ex:

mkdir ~/TEST
cd ~/TEST
git init .

and choose save as, and point it to that repo, and add [branch-name] to
it.

If you're bat shit crazy like I am, you can then transplant that repo
into the data folder of your mobile device, and you've loaded your
logbook into your mobile device without the cloud service. It requires a
lot of low level hacking, so its not recommended for anyone else.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604