[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Jun 12 03:14:12 PDT 2018

On 12/06/2018 10:39, tormento wrote:
> I have a Bluegiga BT usb dongle that can work both as BT and BTLE.
> Unfortunately I can't find the way to switch between the two modes and
> the instructions I found in the SDK are a bit cryptic.
>
> Can somebody help me, so I can test this feature with G2 too?

Assuming you do not, at this stage, want to change the code for
Bluetooth download, you do as follows:

Do NOT try to connect your G2 using the operating system Bluetooth
configuration: all this happens within Subsurface.

1) In the main Subsurface menu, go Import -> Import from dive computer.
This opens the panel in Fig1 (attached).

2) On the download panel, select your dive computer, which would be
ScubaPro and, directly underneath, G2.

3) If "Choose Bluetooth download mode" is selected, then de-select it
and select it again. If it is not selected, then select it. This opens a
new panel used for setting up the Bluetooth link.

4) Hit the "Scan" button. Your G2 should appear in the box. Look closely
at the entry in the box. If it says "Unpaired", then right-click on the
G2 entry. A context menu appears asking Pair/Unpair. Select "Pair". This
should pair the G2 and the information for your G2 should change to
reflect that it is now paired.

5) On this panel, there is a dropdown list marked "Auto". Activate the
dropdown list by clicking on Auto and select either "Force Classic mode"
or "Force BLE mode".

Now you can save the Bluetooth setup information by hitting the Save
button. There should be a message to the bottom left of the panel that
gives you full information on the setup. Keep your eye on that
information. If download is successful, you do not have to do this setup
again: Subsurface remembers it. Next time, only use the download panel
without any need for Bluetooth setup.

Now, in the download panel, select "Download". Download should start,
and a list of dives should appear in the right-hand part of the panel.
 From this list of dives, select the dives you want downloaded. Then hit
OK. Download done.

Kind regards,
willem