new releases

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Jun 15 22:40:38 PDT 2018

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 2:01 PM Jan Iversen <jani at apache.org> wrote:

> > So far I found one odd bug in Subsurface-mobile with downloading from the Suunto EON Steel. Even though I had new dives on the DC, Subsurface-mobile told me there were no new dives. I added debug output and tried again, and of course it worked correctly :-/
>
> This also happens on the mobile version (master and test flight), with Suunto EON Core. I have seen it a couple of times. Connection with BLE is made correctly, firmware version etc. written on screen and then no dives found. If you try again without restarting ssrf it  works. I thought it was something like a ble tineout. There are no indications in the normal logs.

I've been trying to debug this today, and it isn't really us doing
anything wrong per se, it's that BLE communication isn't reliable, and
we don't handle lost packets correctly.

So everything works as long as no packets are lost. Which is sadly not
nearly as common as it should be.

I'm trying to figure out how we should re-send the command when the
reply gets lost, but I don't have any traces for this, so I'm mainly
just guessing and doing some trial-and-error.

Wish me luck.

In the meantime, "just retry" is  the way to get it to work.
Eventually it will - at least as long as you're not trying to download
too much, and at least as long as the environment isn't too noisy for
BLE.

            Linus