new releases

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jun 15 23:55:39 PDT 2018

> On Jun 16, 2018, at 3:45 PM, Thomas Fänge <thomas.fange at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> HI all!
>
> Dirk wrote:
>
> >> What other bugs do we know of for either desktop or mobile?
>
> What I would wish for, is that using a DC with OTG cable on the mobile version should work again. Apparently this worked before 4.7.5, and seems to be related to opening a FTDI port on Android (bug #1240).

I don't have a single Android device where our way of doing this ever worked (and I have six different Android tablets and phones). So I can't help with even testing this.
What we really need is to fix libusb to be able to open the port.
It seems that there are two approaches that people have been working on, if anyone with an Android device and an FTDI dive computer wants to give it a try:

This is the first one - that hasn't seen much activity in the last two years.

https://gitlab.com/madresistor/libusb/commits/android <https://gitlab.com/madresistor/libusb/commits/android>

This one seems more active, but again, someone would have to spend some quality time on understanding how this would work from a Subsurface-mobile perspective.

https://github.com/libusb/libusb/pull/242 <https://github.com/libusb/libusb/pull/242>