Product / vendor on mobile download

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Thu Jun 21 13:37:45 PDT 2018

On 21 June, 2018 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> > On Jun 21, 2018, at 3:16 PM, Thomas Fänge <thomas.fange at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry to say, but I still fail to download, the log looks just as it has done for the last weeks.
> > I have tried on Android 6, 8 and 9, with both phone and tablet (all Sony Xperia).
> > I also tested on a Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android 7, but exactly the same result (and same here, if BT is on, FTDI is not available in the connection drop-down).
>
> So this is the first thing that really puzzles me. Your log shows that you are using the correct version. I have the beta on my phone and can definitely switch between FTDI and BT and BLE connections.
>
> > With the Samsung I also created a new account (empty database), but same result.
> >
> > Still the same error from libdivecomputer:
> >
> >     INFO: Open: name=ftdi
> >     ERROR: No such file or directory (2) [in /data/android/subsurface/libdivecomputer/src/serial_posix.c:295 (dc_serial_open)]
> >
> > Are there anyone who has managed to download using OTG and this latest version of the Android app (2.1.0(4.7.8.389))?
>
> Since I just made it available a couple of hours ago, I doubt it.
> Based on Anton's comments I would have expected this to work, but it's always possible that he has other changes in his sources that I don't know about.
> I'm optimistic that we'll figure it out - but I'm a bit disappointed :-/

I shouldn't have had any other changes in my tree which could affect
this.

My guess is that this is a slilicon labs cable.

We should rewrite the frontend to look for connected usb devices, and
only present the ftdi option if a matching device is connected.

Also, if we detect a ftdi device, we should expose all "serial" dive
computers as choices, instead of the current guesswork with "who has
ftdi cables". This can also solve the whole dive-dongle-debacle in a
decent way.

This way we can support the "pure usb" devices like EON Steel/Core,
Scubapro G2 and Cobalt in a more obvious way, and letting the user choose
the appropriate device in the box to use that in the open call instead
of just grabbing the first one.

There are probably only a few users who ever have multiple ftdi devices
attached, I'm one of those crazy ones.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604