MXE with Qt5.11.1 and missing map

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jun 25 12:46:55 PDT 2018

> On Jun 26, 2018, at 2:38 AM, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
> did you successfully manage to update your MXE to Qt5.11.1 as well?

No, given some of the problems we found with 5.11 and given how close to our planned release 5.11.1 came out I decided not to try to update the build environments for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and the AppImage to Qt 5.11.1 - whenever we switch to a new Qt release that's a massive amount of work for me (and at times I end up not being able to have all the OSs on the same Qt version which also causes additional pain). So this is on my todo list for after the 4.8/2.1 release.
> I tried to do this a few days ago but I now see a issue with map not displayed. Instead I do see the "QML module QtLocation and QtPositioning" error. But as far as I can see DLLs are there in version 5.11.1

I saw similar feedback from people building with 5.11 on some Linux flavors. I upgraded my Arch Linux yesterday and the map worked there - but as I said, I haven't played with this for MXE. My guess would be that it's not the DLLs but the qml modules that are missing.
> In the shell I have this error:
> qrc:/qml/MapWidget.qml:4:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "QtPositioning": Die Bibliothek C:\Program Files (x86)\Subsurface\qml\QtPositioning\declarative_positioning.dll kann nicht geladen werden: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
> QUrl("qrc:/qml/MapWidget.qml") failed to load with status: QQuickWidget::Status(Error)

I take it back, it clearly is looking for a DLL. And when you look at the installed version, the library is right where Subsurface is looking for it? Or is it missing from the installer?