Subsurface configure DC feature and OSTC Plus

Matthias Heinrichs matthias.heinrichs at heinrichsweikamp.com
Sat Mar 3 07:24:02 PST 2018

Hi Stefan,

The OSTC Plus can be seen as an OSTC3 or OSTC2 with Bluetooth. There are
only three types of current OSTC: OSTC with hwOS Tec and USB port ->
FTDI drivers, OSTC with Bluetooth and hwOS Tec and OSTC with Bluetooth
and hwOS Sport.

1. hwOS Tec with USB: Old OSTC3 and current OSTC cR
2. hwOS Tec with BLE: OSTC2 (2015), OSTC2 (2017, the current model), 3.
OSTC3 (After April 2015), OSTC Plus
hwOS Sport with BLE: OSTC Sport (All), OSTC2 (2017) and OSTC Plus

Since we update OSTC from Sport to Tech on request it's not really
possible to distinguish via software if you have an OSTC2 (2017) or OSTC
Plus. They share the same internal electronics and the same Bluetooth name.

The command 0x60 (Page 2 of the attached PDF) shows a way to detect if
there is a sport (Feature Low byte is always 0x02 for hwOS Sport). The
table on page 9 shows possible OSTC Models for different hardware bytes.

Hope this helps,
	Matthias

--
heinrichs weikamp gmbh * Adlerstr. 7 * 79098 Freiburg * Germany

Amtsgericht Freiburg HRB 713558 * Gerichtsstand Freiburg im Breisgau
Geschäftsführer: Matthias Heinrichs