Subsurface configure DC feature and OSTC Plus

Matthias Heinrichs matthias.heinrichs at heinrichsweikamp.com
Sun Mar 4 02:35:49 PST 2018

Hello,

Am 03.03.2018 um 21:30 schrieb Anton Lundin:
> As far as I've know, there is no difference in the communication, if its
> done over bluetooth or ftdi-usb-serial. In subsurface case its all
> transparent.

Correct. There is the exact same code on our (OSTC) side.

> with Matthias and Co, hwOS Tec and hwOS Sport should just behave the
> same way when trying to configure them, and hwOS Sport just ignores the
> bits it doesn't "understand".

Also correct. We try to make these two branches as compatible as
possible. All settings not included in the hwOS Sport are ignored from
the hwOS Sport.

> The odd child in the bunch is the OSTC4. Its a slightly different
> protocol, with config variables meaning slightly different things.

The OSTC4 will be fully open-source very soon, as well (We're just
cleaning up the code so it's a bit more understandable). So I hope to
make the OSTC4 configuration-wise as compatible as possible then.
Firmware update is and will be different, though.

> We should probably add the OSTC 2 TR to. There are quite a few config
> variables thats new and should to be added to.

Beside the firmware update (the OSTC 2 TR has a software-defined radio
receiver which can be updated additionally to the normal firmware) the
OSTC 2 TR is either an hwOS TEC or hwOS Sport OSTC. Nothing special for
you to do.

regards,
	Matthias

--
heinrichs weikamp gmbh * Adlerstr. 7 * 79098 Freiburg * Germany

Amtsgericht Freiburg HRB 713558 * Gerichtsstand Freiburg im Breisgau
Geschäftsführer: Matthias Heinrichs