map-widget-mobile WIP

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 14:37:10 PST 2018

got the map widget working on the mobile version (testing on Desktop):
<attached screenshot>
(the whole OS crashed at some point while running Google Chrome + this)

WIP branch:
https://github.com/neolit123/subsurface/tree/map-mobile

so my "architecture" to make this re-usable on mobile kind of works for now.
the next few steps would be to plan the UX (user experience).
and start thinking of ways to signal/slot connect the map with the
rest of the mobile app.

this is an open discussion about the UX...

questions to start:
1) how would the user navigate to the map?
dive details have the "map it" button. i've also added a "Show map"
drawer action.
would there be a button in the dive list too?

2) what happens if the user clicks a marker or a group of markers on the map?
do we exit the map and select multiple dives in the dive list - is
that even possible on mobile?

3) how would editing work?
add "edit location" button in dive details next to "map it"?

lubomir