Subsurface Cloud access through authenticated proxy on Windows

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 08:17:21 PST 2018

On 2 March 2018 at 20:01, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Yeah, the subject line shows how narrow this is... I think Davide was the one who kept running into this problem.
>
> We had a bug that prevented us from using a proxy on Windows when that proxy required authentication.
>
> Davide (or anyone else who has the ability to test this), any chance that you could test this installer?
>
> https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/releases/download/continuous-windowsProxy/subsurface-4.7.7-69-gf144add732d5.exe

Hi DIrk,

I feel guilty for this :)

Anyway I tried it and still not quite there.

Short version:

Cloud connection OK but no fetch: Operation timeout.
Maps work anyway so the map plugin is successfully going through the proxy.

Long version, see the console logs attached:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Subsurface>subsurface.exe -v

C:\Program Files (x86)\Subsurface>
Subsurface v4.7.7-69-gf144add732d5,
built with libdivecomputer v0.7.0-devel-Subsurface-branch
(7444cca876cf1637fd7c3d4ad1e48145b215aed8)
built with Qt Version 5.9.2, runtime from Qt Version 5.9.2
built with libgit2 0.26.0
validateGL(): created OpenGLContext.
validateGL(): obtained QOpenGLFunctions.
validateGL(): detected OpenGL version 3.3.
added supported DC:  Suunto   Solution

SNIP

Plugins Directory:  QDir( "C:/Program Files (x86)/Subsurface/plugins"
, nameFilters = { "*" },  QDir::SortFlags( Name | IgnoreCase ) ,
QDir::Filters( Dirs|File
cloud URL set as
"https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/dbdavide@gmail.com[dbdavide@gmail.com]"
("https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/dbdavide@gmail.com[dbdavide@gmail.com]")
git storage: Synchronising data file
git storage: update local repo
sync with remote
https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/dbdavide@gmail.com[dbdavide@gmail.com]
git storage: Sync with cloud storage
set proxy to "http://someuserpassword@someproxy:8080"
Cloud storage: checking connection to cloud server
Checking cloud connection...
git storage: fetch remote
git storage: Successful cloud connection, fetch remote
remote fetch failed (failed to send request: Timeout dell'operazione
)
git storage: Done syncing with cloud storage
git storage: Load dives from local cache
git storage: Successfully opened dive data
Set the current dive site: 591880146
Set the current dive site: 591880146

File locations:

cloud URL set as
"https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/dbdavide@gmail.com[dbdavide@gmail.com]"
Local git storage:
C:\Users\someuser\AppData\Roaming\Subsurface/cloudstorage/29fc20f013e9f1fb
Cloud URL: https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/dbdavide@gmail.com[dbdavide@gmail.com]
Image hashes: C:\Users\someuser\AppData\Roaming\Subsurface/hashes
Local picture directory:
C:\Users\someuser\AppData\Roaming\Subsurface/picturedata/

Once I click on "File > Take cloud online" I get:

QNetworkAccessCache::addEntry: overriding active cache entry
'auth:proxy-http://someuser@someproxy:8080'
QNetworkAccessCache::addEntry: overriding active cache entry
'auth:proxy-http://someuser@someproxy:8080'
QNetworkAccessCache::addEntry: overriding active cache entry
'auth:proxy-http://someuser@someproxy:8080'
QNetworkAccessCache::addEntry: overriding active cache entry
'auth:proxy-http://someuser@someproxy:8080'
QNetworkAccessCache::addEntry: overriding active cache entry
'auth:proxy-http://someuser@someproxy:8080'
QNetworkAccessCache::addEntry: overriding active cache entry
'auth:proxy-http://someuser@someproxy:8080'
QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must
only be called once.
QNetworkAccessCache::addEntry: overriding active cache entry
'auth:proxy-http://someuser@someproxy:8080'
QNetworkAccessCache::addEntry: overriding active cache entry
'auth:proxy-http://someuser@someproxy:8080'
QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must
only be called once.
cloud URL set as
"https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org//git/dbdavide@gmail.com[dbdavide@gmail.com]"
Opening cloud storage from: