RFC: PSCR dive plots: Part 2.

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Tue Mar 13 06:52:28 PDT 2018

On 13 March, 2018 - Robert Helling wrote:

> Am 13.03.2018 um 12:25 schrieb Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se>:
>
> >> From subsurface point of view, it really doesn't matter if we represent
> > a bailout as a gasswitch event or not. The problem with the gasswitch
> > and setpoint change, is that it doesn't work for dives with po2 sensors
> > or the SCR steady state approximation.
> >

> Sorry, I don‘t get it. What is the problem with pO2 Sensors?

If your pO2 sensors says you have a pO2 of 1.0 in the loop, nothing
cares about what your setpoint is, so setting it to zero doesn't matter,
our calculations will be based on the pO2 sensors.

Just because you're bailed out, nothing magical happens to the
pO2-sensors. You're just breathing a different gas, and currently
subsurface has no way of representing this.

What we need is something which changes our dive mode to OC, and in OC
mode, we shouldn't care about setpoint or pO2 sensors.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604