New Android beta - maps

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Mar 14 05:39:36 PDT 2018

On 14/03/2018 14:19, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:

> NOTE: the map uses the current center to copy to clipboard coordinates
> or open the location in google maps.
> it doesn't use the selected marker coordinates. this is by design.
>
> having said that, i cannot reproduce any error for dozens of dives.
> here are my steps:
> - open dive list
> - select random dives with gps data
> - open dive details
> - edit dive to see coordinates
> - close "edit" and click "map it"
> - copy coordinates to clipboard
> - try [+], [-] to zoom in/out
>
> do you happening to be using [+] / [-] for zooming in your tests above?
> if not the center can be changed because of the slight pan when you
> zoom with pinch.
>
> lubomir
> --

This is the problem. I did not use the [+] and [-] buttons to zoom in or
out. I used my fingers to pinch or expand the screen for zooming. Using
the middle of the screen as a reference is counterintuitive and a less
useful way than using the coordinates of the selected dive site. It is
clear which dive site is selected and, if Google Maps is selected, I
would expect the Google Maps to focus on the selected dive site ??

If this is programmatically a problem then I would disable zooming using
one's fingers.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to