Suunto EON Steel USB not working..

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Mar 23 15:56:55 PDT 2018

...because of commit 7444cca876cf ("Allow compilation on platforms
without USBHID support").

It does fix building on MacOS, but it's completely and utterly broken,
because it disables USBHID *everywhere*. The USBHID define is simply
never defined.

The USBHID define is purely internal to the other uses, so
src/usbhid.c does this, for example:

  #ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
  #include "config.h"
  #endif

  #if defined(HAVE_HIDAPI)
  #define USE_HIDAPI
  #define USBHID
  #elif defined(HAVE_LIBUSB) && !defined(__APPLE__)
  #define USE_LIBUSB
  #define USBHID
  #endif

to make USBHID do something.

The correct thing to do would be to revert that commit, and then have
maybe something like the attached.

I never noticed this, because I haven't used my EON Steel in a while
due to missing a pressure sensor, and only tested that bluetooth
worked during the last set of changed.

But now it's almost spring break, and I got myself a new pressure
sensor, and checked that everything looked ok, and it doesn't.

Dirk - I can't test the OS X thing anyway, so I'm just reverting it in
my private tree. I *think* the attached patch "just works", but I'd
suggest you do the real revert and test, and push out the end result?

                   Linus