Planner: minimum Gas on CCR dives

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:02:09 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Is there a way to display minimum gas even on CCR dives?
I'm thinking to DIR style CCR units with diluent as backgas.

I was trying to overcome it planning in OC but tank size drops
immediately below the minimum gas and I get a "Warning: this is more
gas than available in the specified cylinder!" So it's impossible to
get MG for deep dives: the only way to get a real 70m dive is
extending bottom time to 50 minutes and again subsurface gives me a
Warning: this is more gas than available in the specified cylinder!

Maybe the "Warning: this is more gas than available in the specified
cylinder!" alert should not eliminate minimum gas calculation. I mean:
my cylinder could not be enough for BT but enough for bailout leg. My
thought may appear absurd but I'm just trying to separate BT gas
calculation from MG gas calculation, in other words MG should be
calculated regardless of the BT gas calculation

PS
How exactly Subsurface calculates the minimum gas reserve?

Does it take in account gas switch time at the first deco stop?

Thank you in advance

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos