4.7.8: a couple of questions

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Wed May 2 02:04:49 PDT 2018

On 02 May, 2018 - Davide DB wrote:

> On Wed, 2 May 2018 at 10:31, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:
>
> > On 30 April, 2018 - Davide DB wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I was playing with 4.7.8 on Windows 7 and I noted a couple of things:
> > >
> > > - I cannot see anymore pO2 sensor from my Petrel controller. No average
> > pO2
> > > nor individual. On preference tab I have  individual and setpoint option
> > > checked nad the toolbar has O2 toggled
> > > The last time I saw them it was completely wrong. It seem I was the only
> > > one I reported this bug. Given that I changed my sensor I was curious to
> > > see if something changed...
> > >

> > Hard to tell what's going on. The only thing I think we're seeing is
> > the setpoint of 0.7
> >
> > Can you export the dive as xml and post it here, for debugging and
> > analysis?
> >

> Hi Anton,
>
> Regarding the lacking of pO2 values...
> I saved my logbook to a local file and I gave it a quick look.
> My latest dives have no pO2 sample at all. Searching for computer type
> through the latest dives I found:
>
> 137337 4:  <divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'
> diveid='220a811e' dctype='CCR' no_o2sensors='3'>
> 138227 4:  <divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'
> diveid='2e7067fb' dctype='CCR' no_o2sensors='3'>
> 141292 4:  <divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'
> diveid='5090ac0c' dctype='CCR'>
> 141392 4:  <divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'
> diveid='4a0f968a' dctype='CCR'>
> 141728 4:  <divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'
> diveid='4316ab17' dctype='CCR'>
> 142043 4:  <divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'
> diveid='57912a71' dctype='CCR'>
> 142596 4:  <divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'
> diveid='493f5552' dctype='CCR'>
> 143270 4:  <divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'
> diveid='3db24900' dctype='CCR'>
>
> Of course the computer is always the same: my reb Petrel controller.
> I cannot remember which Subsurface version I used to download them but I'm
> pretty sure the last six dives were downloaded with the mobile version.

Try to download them into a fresh logbook with the current desktop
version, to see what's happens then.

You can open your git repo with a git client, and check what version you
used to download it with, as we write the version in the commit message.

> > - I merged some dives made during a ccr training. I cannot merge two of
> > > them. There are about 11 minutes between them. Is there a time limit for
> > > merging?
> >
> > It's not 11 minutes between those two, its 58 minutes.
> >
> > There's a warning if you're trying to merge dives with more than 30
> > minutes between them.
> >

> If I'm correct the first dive last 47 minutes hence from 3:54 PM + 47' I
> surfaced at 4:41 PM then after a briefing of 11 minutes I went down again
> at 4:52 PM for 13 minutes.

Sorry, I can't read today.

> > What's happening when you're trying to merge them?
> >

> The second dive (#175) disappear but the first dive remain unaffected (47
> minutes).

Can you export those two dives into a separate xml file and provide that
for debugging?

Are those two from the same dive computer, or are they from different?
It might be that they get merged as two different dive computers on the
same dive.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604